Table of Contents
How do I reinstall Mac OS X Tiger?
Insert the Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) DVD into the Mac with a DVD drive. On the mounted DVD, navigate to System/Installation/Packages/. Launch the file named “OSInstall. mpkg” and follow the install steps, selecting the target Mac’s hard drive for the destination.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall OS X?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Can you still reinstall Mac OS X Lion?
Apple made the installation process for OS X Lion (10.7) slightly different than it was for previous versions of the operating system. Even with the differences, you can still create a clean installation of Lion on an internal drive, a partition, or an external drive.
How do I format my Mac OS X Lion?
Erase the hard drive:
- Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button.
- After DU loads select your startup volume (usually Macintosh HD) from the. left side list.
- Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Optionally, click on.
- Quit DU and return to the main menu.
How do I reinstall OSX Leopard?
Start the Process
- Insert the macOS 10.5 Leopard Install DVD into your Mac’s DVD drive. A macOS Install DVD window opens.
- Double-click Install Mac OS X.
- When the Install Mac OS X window opens, select Restart.
- Enter your administrator password and select OK.
- Your Mac restarts and boots from the installation DVD.
How do I restore Snow Leopard without a disk?
Copy the installation media
- Open Disk Utility, and drag the Snow Leopard . dmg installer into the pane on the left.
- Select the Snow Leopard .dmg you just dragged in from the list on the left, then the ‘Restore’ tab.
- Drag the Snow Leopard .
- Make sure “Erase Destination” is checked.
- Click ‘Restore’.
How do I restore my Mac to factory settings?
How to Factory Reset: MacBook
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
Can’t Reinstall OS X On Your Mac? Try Resetting The PRAM
- First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar.
- Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac.
- After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do you make sure your Mac is backed up?
Make sure your Mac Pro is on the same Wi-Fi network as your external storage device, or connect the storage device to your Mac Pro. Open System Preferences, click Time Machine, then select Back Up Automatically. Select the drive you want to use for backup, and you’re all set.