Table of Contents
To reset the fuel light on a ford explorer you will need to access the fuel reset switch which is located in the glove box or in the foot well of the passenger seat area, press that switch and the fuel system will be reset.
How do you reset the fuel pump switch on a Ford Explorer?
- Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
- Check the fuel system for leaks.
- If no fuel leak is apparent, reset the fuel pump shut-off switch by. pushing in the reset button.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position. Pause for a few seconds and.
- Make a further check for leaks in the fuel system.
Where is the fuel pump reset button located?
Look for the fuel pump switch or inertia switch. This is a small box with a plastic button on top and an electrical connector at the bottom. On some vehicle models, this will be located in the luggage compartment. Look on a side panel for a small, round button which you can pry off with a small screwdriver.
How do you reset the anti theft on a 2001 Ford Explorer?
Press the panic button one time. Now, go to the driver’s side of Your car, and get inside. Place Your physical key into the ignition key hole, and turn it to the on position three times in a 10 second period. Now, start the engine, and the anti-theft system should be reset.
How do you reset the fuel pump on a 2000 Ford Explorer?
It’s in the passenger side footwell, up about 8″ from the floor. The button should be just above the top of the plastic kick panel.
How do you reset a fuel pump control module?
How to Reset a Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Locate your car’s inertial trigger or airbag control module.
- Push the button on the inertial switch; it should be clearly marked as the fuel pump reset, and may be in a contrasting color to the case.
How do I get my Ford Explorer out of anti theft mode?
First, go to the driver’s side of Your vehicle, and insert the key into the lock. Turn the lock to the right, or to the unlock position. Hold this position and count for 25 to 40 seconds. Doing this will bypass the anti-theft system.
How do I know if my inertia switch is bad?
Usually a bad or failing fuel pump shut off switch will produce a few symptoms that can alert the driver of a potential issue….Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Engine suddenly stops while driving.
- Switch that trips for no reason.
- No start condition.