Table of Contents
- 1 Do universal remotes work on cable boxes?
- 2 Can Direct TV remotes be universal?
- 3 Can you use a universal remote for Android box?
- 4 Is there a remote that controls everything?
- 5 How do I use my Sony remote to control my cable box?
- 6 How do I make my directv remote control my TV?
- 7 Can you program a universal remote without the TV being on?
- 8 Do universal remotes work on older TVs?
Do universal remotes work on cable boxes?
A: You can use your universal remote with almost anything connected to your TV. You can control your Blu-ray, DVD, VCR,DVR, cable box, satellite, digital converter box, streaming devices and more.
Can Direct TV remotes be universal?
One of the problems that people who have DirecTV run into is that after their DirecTV dish and box are installed, they receive a new DirecTV remote control that is not preset to control their television. However, DirecTV remotes are universal remote controls, which means that you can program them to work with any TV.
Will universal remotes work with any TV?
Can I use a universal remote for any TV? You can use a universal remote for almost any TV. The Logitech Harmony remotes are compatible with 270,000 devices from 6,000 brands.
Can you use a universal remote for Android box?
You can actually use your Harmony or other universal remote to control your Android TV device, and it will only cost you a little over $10.00. The secret to adding IR capabilities to your Android TV device is the USB port. The USB port allows you to add peripherals, and an IR receiver happens to be one of them.
Is there a remote that controls everything?
The One For All URC7880 Smart Control 8 is a simple, affordable remote for people who can control all their gear via infrared (IR).
Why won’t my remote change the channels?
Make sure there are no obstacles between the remote and your TV. Move closer to the TV and make sure the remote is pointed directly at the TV’s front panel. Make sure the batteries are installed correctly.
How do I use my Sony remote to control my cable box?
How to control the cable/satellite box using the TV remote…
- Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Watching TV] — [External inputs] — [Cable/Satellite box setup] — [Cable/Satellite box control setup].
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I make my directv remote control my TV?
Program remote for an HD DVR or HD receiver
- Press MENU on your remote.
- Select Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Choose the device (TV, audio, DVD) you wish to program.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete programming.
How much does a directv remote cost?
Compare with similar items
|This item DIRECTV RC73 IR/RF Remote Control||DIRECTV RC73B Universal Backlit Remote|
|Sold By||Secure Hardwares||SATELIZ INC|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 1.7 x 3.6 inches||10.6 x 4.3 x 1.4 inches|
|Item Weight||1.00 ounces||3.20 ounces|
Can you program a universal remote without the TV being on?
A universal remote is a remote that can substitute for the remote that came with your TV, once it’s been programmed. While it’s recommended you have the TV active when programming is recommended, you can still do it while the TV is off.
Do universal remotes work on older TVs?
Can universal remotes work on all TVs? But it’ll depend on the make and model of your remote and your TV. On the whole, your universal remote should work with all TVs made in the past ten years or so.