Table of Contents
How do I reset my airbag light manually?
How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times.
How do I get my airbag light to turn off?
How to Turn Off the Airbag Light
- Turn on the ignition switch with your car key.
- Wait for the airbag warning light to turn off.
- Turn the ignition switch of your car back off for a little longer than three seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 twice to make three times total.
Why is my air bag light on in my Jeep Liberty?
The airbag light will come on most of the time because of a communication problem between a sensor and the computer. This typically happens when the wiring becomes damaged or the connectors become corroded how to lose electrical contact.
Will disconnecting battery reset airbag light?
Often, all it takes to get rid of that pesky warning light is to reset your airbag sensor. Remove the terminal clamp and leave it disconnected for 5-10 seconds to allow the airbag sensor to reset. Then reconnect the battery terminal and turn the vehicle on. With a bit of luck, the light will stay off.
How much does it cost to fix airbag light?
Number 1 — Reset Airbag Light You’ll need to hire a professional to come in and examine the airbags before you continue to drive the car. This process can take several hours of time and usually costs a few hundred dollars, although depending upon the type of car it may be up to about $600.
What is the airbag light?
The airbag light is an indicator that there is a problem with the vehicle’s Supplemental Restraint System. When this light comes on, it indicates that a problem has been detected in the system, and one or more airbags may not inflate in the event of a collision.
What would cause the airbag light to come on?
The most common cause for the airbag light coming on is that the airbag system is deactivated or turned off. There may be a few reasons for this which you had no control over. There may be an issue with a crash sensor, SRS module, or other airbag component.
How much does it cost to fix the airbag light?
What would cause my airbag light to come on?
The most common cause for the airbag light coming on is that the airbag system is deactivated or turned off. There may be an issue with a crash sensor, SRS module, or other airbag component. Alternatively, the sensor in the passenger seat that determines whether that airbag should be active or not may be faulty.