Table of Contents
How do you reset the oil light on a Ford Five Hundred?
How to Reset the Oil Message on a Ford 500
- Press “Setup” on your steering wheel until your display reads PRESS RESET FOR SYS CHECK.
- Press “Reset” once and the display should read OIL LIFE XX% RESET IF NEW or IF NEW OIL HOLD RESET.
- Press and hold “Reset” until IF NEW OIL HOLD RESET is displayed only.
How to Reset the Oil Light After an Oil Change
- Turn the car’s systems on, but leave the engine off.
- Locate the “Reset” button or stick, which is typically located on the dashboard, near the speedometer and fuel gauge.
How do you reset the oil light on a 2005 Mercury Montego?
- Press the SETUP (or STATUS) button repeatedly until you see the “System Check” menu.
- Press the RESET button repeatedly until you see the “Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset New” menu.
- Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds or until the display shows “If New Oil, Hold Reset”
What does the wrench light mean on a 2007 Ford Explorer?
The wrench light on a 2007 Ford Explorer means that it is time for a service on the vehicle. Usually it will be something simple like an oil change, but could be more involved like a transmission fluid change. It is impertinent to always keep up on the maintenance with Your vehicle.
How do you reset the oil life on a 2007 Ford Sport Trac?
Enter SYSTEM CHECK to display “OIL XXX% OIL LIFE OK”. Press RESET control to display “HOLD RESET IF NEW OIL”. Press and hold the RESET control for more than 2 seconds. Oil life is set to 100% and “OIL CHANGE SET TO 100%” is displayed.
Why is my change oil light still on?
If your oil light stays on even after changing your engine oil, you’re going to want to check the sensor first to rule out a malfunctioning sensor as the cause. Dirt and other particles can make their way into the oil pump, causing the sensor to falsely identify oil issues. The next common cause is low oil pressure.
Why is my maintenance required light still on after oil change?
Most often this just means your vehicle might be due for an oil change. The light will come on and remain on if the distance driven exceeds 5,000 miles after the maintenance data has been reset.
Why is my check engine light on after oil change?
These lights can signal something serious or something as simple as a loose gas cap. One thing that won’t trigger a check engine light: a recent oil change that was done correctly. Oil changes are essential maintenance for your car but it won’t do anything that could trigger your check engine light to come on.