Table of Contents
- 1 How would you describe barangay?
- 2 What makes barangay unique?
- 3 What is the function of barangay?
- 4 What are the duties and responsibilities of barangay officials?
- 5 What is the role of barangay captain?
- 6 What are the services of barangay?
- 7 What is the function of barangay captain?
- 8 What are the programs of barangay?
How would you describe barangay?
A barangay is the smallest administrative division in the Philippines and is the native Filipino term for a village, district or ward. In colloquial usage, the term often refers to an inner city neighbourhood, a suburb or a suburban neighborhood.
What makes barangay unique?
Direct democracy with a parliamentary government is what makes the barangay unique and special. And this is exemplified by the acts and decisions of the Barangay Assembly, which is composed of all the constituents in the community. Such acts and decisions are official manifestations of People Power.
What is the function of barangay?
– As the basic political unit, the Barangay serves as the primary planning and implementing unit of government policies, plans, programs, projects, and activities in the community, and as a forum wherein the collective views of the people may be expressed, crystallized and considered, and where disputes may be amicably …
What type of community is barangay?
In pre-Hjspanic times, a barangay was a sailboat which carried early settlers and traders to the Philippine archipelago from Indonesia and Borneo. These early inhabitants built settlements which were also called barangays. They were simple communities, with a head man and a group of families clustered about.
What are the duties and responsibilities of barangay captain?
Along with the college of barangay kagawad (English: barangay councilors), captains comprise the Sangguniang Barangay or Barangay Council. They perform many official government duties, and execute minor judicial powers as part of Barangay Justice System, such as settling disputes between neighbours.
What are the duties and responsibilities of barangay officials?
Under the law, the Punong Barangay shall: enforce all laws and ordinances which are applicable within the barangay, negotiate, enter into, and sign contracts for and in behalf of the barangay; maintain public order in the barangay; call and preside over the sessions of the sangguniang barangay and the barangay assembly …
What is the role of barangay captain?
What are the services of barangay?
Does your barangay provide these services?
- Agricultural support services which include planting materials distribution system and operation of farm produce collection and buying stations;
- Health and social welfare services which include maintenance of barangay health center and day-care center;
What is the role and function of barangay captain?
What is the main function of the lupong tagapamayapa?
Philippine government In each lupon (committee) there is a Conciliation Body (Pangkat Tagapagkasundo), the main function of which is to bring opposing parties together and effect amicable settlement of differences.
What is the function of barangay captain?
What are the programs of barangay?
- Peace and Order Program.
- Disaster Preparedness.
- Youth Development Program.
- Barangay Justice Program.
- Codification of Ordinance.
- Barangay Assembly.
- Training Programs.