Table of Contents
What are types of family planning?
- long-acting reversible contraception – the implant or intra uterine device (IUD)
- hormonal contraception – the pill or the Depo Provera injection.
- barrier methods – condoms.
- emergency contraception.
- fertility awareness.
- permanent contraception – vasectomy and tubal ligation.
What are the four types of family planning?
Birth control works to prevent pregnancy in different ways.
- Hormonal birth control methods work by preventing ovulation so that a woman is temporarily infertile.
- Barrier methods of birth control prevent the man’s sperm from reaching an egg.
- Barrier methods include.
What’s the best family planning method?
The kinds of birth control that work the best to prevent pregnancy are the implant and IUDs — they’re also the most convenient to use, and the most foolproof. Other birth control methods, like the pill, ring, patch, and shot, are also really good at preventing pregnancy if you use them perfectly.
What is family planning examples?
The most effective methods to prevent unintended pregnancy include long-acting reversible contraceptives such as intrauterine devices (IUDs) and contraceptive implants, followed by other hormonal contraceptives including oral contraceptives (pills), the patch, the ring, and the Depo-Provera shot (DMPA).
What are 5 methods of birth control?
What birth control options are available?
- Barrier methods. Examples include male and female condoms, as well as the diaphragm, cervical cap and contraceptive sponge.
- Short-acting hormonal methods.
- Long-acting hormonal methods.
- Fertility awareness methods.
What are the 5 types of birth control?
There are many different methods of birth control including condoms, IUDs, birth control pills, the rhythm method, vasectomy, and tubal ligation.
What are 5 birth control methods?
What are the dangers of family planning?
Common side effects were irregular bleeding no period, headaches, nausea/dizziness and weight gain/loss. These side effects occurred mainly among pill and injection users. The occurrence of side effects had a negative impact on continuation rates.
What is the permanent method of family planning?
Vasectomy is used to provide permanent contraception for men. It involves cutting and sealing the vasa deferentia (the tubes that carry sperm from the testes).
What is the natural method of family planning?
Natural family planning (or “fertility awareness”) is a method of contraception where a woman monitors and records different fertility signals during her menstrual cycle to work out when she’s likely to get pregnant.
What is the only 100% effective birth control method?
Abstinence is the only birth control that is 100 percent effective and is also the best way to protect you against STDs.
What is the most used contraceptive?
The oral contraceptive pill and female sterilization are the most widely used birth control methods in the United States, according to the most recent data available from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).