Table of Contents
What causes Alektorophobia?
While the underlying genetic and psychological causes that predispose certain individuals to alektorophobia are unclear, Sfetcu speculates that it’s quite common, and that many people with mild cases of the phobia are unaware that chickens are the trigger, chalking it up to some other anxiety instead.
How do I get rid of Alektorophobia?
How is it treated?
- Exposure therapy. Exposure therapy is the leading treatment option for specific phobias.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a type of behavioral therapy that can help reduce anxiety.
What does Enochlophobia mean?
Enochlophobia refers to a fear of crowds. It’s closely related to agoraphobia (a fear of places or situations) and ochlophobia (a fear of mob-like crowds). But enochlophobia has more to do with the perceived dangers posed by large gatherings of people you might encounter in your daily life.
What is Megalophobia?
Megalophobia is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person experiences intense fear of large objects. A person with megalophobia experiences intense fear and anxiety when they think of or are around large objects such as large buildings, statues, animals and vehicles.
What is the weirdest phobia?
Here are some of the strangest phobias one can have
- Ergophobia. It is the fear of work or the workplace.
- Somniphobia. Also known as hypnophobia, it is the fear of falling asleep.
What is Athazagoraphobia?
Athazagoraphobia is a fear of forgetting someone or something, as well as a fear of being forgotten. For example, you or someone close to you may have anxiety or fear of developing Alzheimer’s disease or memory loss.
What is the rarest fear?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Ablutophobia | Fear of bathing.
- Arachibutyrophobia | Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Arithmophobia | Fear of math.
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
What are the top 3 phobias?
The following are some of the most common phobias prevalent among people in the United States:
- Arachnophobia (Fear of spiders)
- Ophidiophobia (Fear of snakes)
- Acrophobia (Fear of heights)
- Aerophobia (Fear of flying)
- Cynophobia (Fear of dogs)
- Astraphobia (Fear of thunder and lightning)
- Trypanophobia (Fear of injections)