Table of Contents
What does resolute mean in a person?
1 : marked by firm determination : resolved a resolute character. 2 : bold, steady a resolute gaze. resolute.
What is an example of resolute?
The definition of resolute is being firm and unwavering in your convictions. An example of resolute is when you just keep trying and trying to learn piano no matter what setbacks you face. adjective.
What is a resolute will?
Resolute. having a decided purpose; determined; resolved; fixed in a determination; hence, bold; firm; steady. Resolute.
What is the synonym of the word resolute?
Some common synonyms of resolute are constant, faithful, loyal, staunch, and steadfast. While all these words mean “firm in adherence to whatever one owes allegiance,” resolute implies firm determination to adhere to a cause or purpose.
Is Resolute a good trait?
Resolute leaders are highly determined and persistent. They have the inner strength to give people courage during hard times. If you’re a resolute leader you might see yourself as highly competent, determined, rational, independent, and up for a challenge. You set high standards for yourself and others.
How do you use resolute?
Resolute sentence example
- She entered the room with resolute steps.
- But he was not resolute in his opposition.
- A resolute shrug indicated his search was futile.
- The look of his eyes was resolute , calm, and animatedly alert, as never before.
- But Grant was as resolute as ever.
How do you become resolute?
Some general tips for being more Resolute:
- Be OK with disagreement.
- You might still change your position, but don’t do it just because someone else is telling you, or you want to escape tension.
- Stay on message.
- Stand behind your opinions, even the unpopular ones.
What does stubbornly resolute mean?
adjective. unreasonably obstinate; obstinately unmoving: a stubborn child. fixed or set in purpose or opinion; resolute: a stubborn opponent of foreign aid. obstinately maintained, as a course of action: a stubborn resistance.
How can a person be resolute?
If you describe someone as resolute, you approve of them because they are very determined not to change their mind or not to give up a course of action. Voters perceive him as a decisive and resolute international leader. He resolutely refused to speak English unless forced to.
Why is being resolute important?
Resilience The strength that gets you through adversity is developed over time and is a kind of maturity factor of your leadership. As a leader who is resolute, you will not back down in adversity but will see it as just another milestone in your growth as a leader.
What is a good sentence for resolute?
She entered the room with resolute steps. But he was not resolute in his opposition. A resolute shrug indicated his search was futile. The look of his eyes was resolute , calm, and animatedly alert, as never before.
What are the qualities of a determined person?
Characteristics of a Determined Person
- BRAVE. To be determined one must be brave.
- CONFIDENT. Doubt creeps into the mind of even the most confident person.
- DECISIVE. Determined people are decision makers.
- FOCUSED. The focus is the goal.
- HARDWORKING. Goals cannot be met unless you do the work.