Table of Contents
What is an example of consume?
To take in as food; eat or drink up. To consume is to use something up, destroy something or eat something. An example of consume is when people use up all the world’s oil. An example of consume is when you eat a hamburger.
How do you use consuming in a sentence?
Consuming sentence example
- Thai dishes are time consuming to prepare.
- Now his father was putting a damper on it with his all consuming , self-serving plots.
- She controlled her breathing to keep her frantic emotions from consuming her.
What is consumption sentence?
the usage of an item by a specific person or group. Examples of Consumption in a sentence. 1. The consumption of large amounts of fat can trigger cardiovascular disease. 2.
What does a consume mean?
to destroy or expend by use; use up. to eat or drink up; devour. to destroy, as by decomposition or burning: Fire consumed the forest. to spend (money, time, etc.)
How do you use consume?
- consume something to use something, especially fuel, energy or time. The electricity industry consumes large amounts of fossil fuels.
- consume something (formal) to eat or drink something.
- [often passive] (formal) to fill somebody with a strong feeling.
- consume something (formal) (of fire) to completely destroy something.
What is the difference between use and consume?
As verbs the difference between use and consume is that use is (archaic) to accustom; to habituate while consume is to use.
What is all consuming love?
: taking all of a person’s time and attention : being the only thing a person thinks about Her all-consuming passion was music.
How do you explain consumption?
Consumption is defined as the use of goods and services by a household. It is a component in the calculation of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Gross Domestic Product (GDP)Gross domestic product (GDP) is a standard measure of a country’s economic health and an indicator of its standard of living.
What are the types of consumption?
According to mainstream economists, only the final purchase of goods and services by individuals constitutes consumption, while other types of expenditure — in particular, fixed investment, intermediate consumption, and government spending — are placed in separate categories (See consumer choice).
What does consume data mean?
When it comes to cell phone plans, data usage is basically the amount of data you use in a billing cycle (usually a month). Your cell phone plan’s data is used whenever you use your phone’s internet connection to perform any task. Browsing the internet. Downloading and running apps.
What is consumption usage?
As nouns the difference between consumption and usage is that consumption is the act of consuming something while usage is the manner or the amount of using; use.
What are the 8 types of love?
The eight different types of love, according to the ancient Greeks, are:
- Eros (sexual passion)
- Philia (deep friendship)
- Ludus (playful love)
- Agape (love for everyone)
- Pragma (longstanding love)
- Philautia (love of the self)
- Storge (family love)
- Mania (obsessive love)