Table of Contents
What is rumbling sentence?
continuous full and low-pitched throbbing sound. 1. We could hear thunder rumbling in the distance. 2. I’m so hungry that my stomach’s rumbling.
What does it mean to rumble someone?
Slang. to have or take part in a street fight between or among teenage gangs: Rival gangs rumbled on Saturday afternoon.
How do you use warnings?
Warning sentence example
- “I’m warning you,” she said again, backing away.
- He bent down his head and listened, shaking a warning finger at his master.
- Her eyes burned in warning and she looked away.
- The warning in his voice was plain.
- The storm was so bad and there was no warning light.
Why does your tummy rumble?
Stomach growling occurs as food, liquid, and gas go through the stomach and small intestine. Stomach growling or rumbling is a normal part of digestion. There is nothing in the stomach to muffle these sounds so they can be noticeable. Among the causes are hunger, incomplete digestion, or indigestion.
How do you use the word rumble?
Rumble sentence example
- A low rumble brought her attention to the horizon.
- An hour later she woke to the rumble of thunder.
- A low rumble attracted her attention skyward.
- He laughed, the rumble of his chest causing her to raise her head.
- Let the thunder rumble ; what if it threaten ruin to farmers’ crops?
What type of word is rumble?
As a noun, rumble can mean “a low sound,” “a seat in the back of a carriage” (the rumble seat) or ” a street fight.” It’s a little old fashioned today to call a gang brawl a rumble, but if you’ve ever seen the movie “West Side Story,” you’ve seen the rumble between the Jets and the Sharks.
What are examples of warnings?
The definition of a warning is something that alerts to possible danger. An example of a warning is a dog barking and growling in the middle of the night. Advice to be cautious. A word of warning to runners about the hot weather.
What is a warning ticket?
A written warning ticket is a document issued by law enforcement officers to let you know that they noticed an infraction on the road (speeding, parking, etc.). Mostly, these are not filed with courts; rather, it’s just for your understanding and awareness of what happened.
Why is my stomach growling when I’m not hungry?
A: The “growling” is almost certainly normal and is the result of peristalsis. Peristalsis is coordinated rhythmic contractions of the stomach and intestines that move food and waste. It occurs all of the time, whether or not you are hungry.
Is a rumble a fight?
A rumble is defined as a continuous deep sound, or is slang for a street fight. A street fight between two gangs is an example of a rumble.
How do you politely warn someone?
When we want to tell someone to be careful as they leave to go somewhere we often use these expressions:
- Take care. “Take care on the roads.
- Mind how you go. “It was great seeing you.
- Look out! “Look out!
- Watch out! “Watch out!
- Easy does it.
- Better safe than sorry.
- You can’t be too careful.