Table of Contents
What date is Dhul Hijjah 2021?
11th of July
When is Dhul Hijjah 2021? Dhul Hijjah is the 12th month in the Islamic calendar, but the exact start date of this blessed month can only be confirmed by the position of the moon. It is estimated that Dhul Hijjah 2021 will begin on the 11th of July.
Which day is Dhul Hijjah fast?
4. Fasting the Day of ‘Arafah. Fasting the Day of ‘Arafah — the ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah — is not obligatory but very important. It is called this because on that day, the pilgrims making Hajj gather on the plateau of ‘Arafat outside of Makkah and supplicate God from morning till late afternoon.
What are the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah?
The First Ten Days of Dhul Hijjah
- Perform Hajj (Pilgrimage)
- Fast all nine days and especially on the ‘Day of Arafah’
- Perform Dhikr and Takbeer.
- Stand the Night in Prayer.
- Make Sincere Repentance.
- Return to Book of Allah (The Quran)
- Increase in doing ALL good deeds.
- Slaughter an animal and distribute the meat (Sacrifice)
Why are the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah important?
“The most apparent reason for the ten days of Dhul Hijjah being distinguished in excellence is due to the assembly of the greatest acts of worship in this period – salawat (prayers), siyam (fasting), sadaqah (charity) and the Hajj (pilgrimage).
Can we fast the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah?
Fasting on these 10 days are beloved to Allah (SWT), and especially on the ninth of Dhul Hijjah, which is the day of Arafat because fasting on this day means our sins from the previous and coming year will be expiated. This practice is Sunnah for Muslims and highly recommended.
How many days is Rajab 2021?
Rajab Hijri calendar of year 1442 Letters
|24/Rajab/1442||March 08, 2021||Monday|
|25/Rajab/1442||March 09, 2021||Tuesday|
|26/Rajab/1442||March 10, 2021||Wednesday|
|27/Rajab/1442||March 11, 2021||Thursday|
What should I do on the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah?
What days can you not fast in Islam?
Days when fasting is forbidden Eid al-Fitr. It is also forbidden to single out Fridays and only fast every Friday, as ‘Abdullah b. ‘Amr b. al-‘As said that he heard Muhammad say “Verily, Friday is an eid (holiday) for you, so do not fast on it unless you fast the day before or after it.”
What do you do on the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah?
Can we fast only on Arafat Day?
Unlike the month of Ramadan, fasting on the day of Arafat is considered to be optional for Muslims, and its significance for Muslims is that the day falls in the 9th of Islamic month of Dhu Al Hijjah — the last month on the Islamic calendar, and the month in which the Haj pilgrimage takes places.